Author Topic: Announcing: PACLIC 22: Call for Participation  (Read 92 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CyborgRepublic

  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Announcing: PACLIC 22: Call for Participation
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
PACLIC 22: Call for Participation
 
22nd Pacific Asia Conference on
Language, Information and Computation in 2008
 
Cebu City, Philippines
 
November 20-22, 2008
 
Hosted by: De La Salle University-Manila , Philippines
_______________________________________
Annual meetings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Language, Information and Computation (PACLIC) have provided places where scholars in theoretical and computational linguistics mainly from the Pacific Asia region get together to share new ideas about language, information and computation.
 
The 22nd PACLIC, organized under the auspices of the PACLIC Steering Committee, endorsed and supported by the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing (AFNLP), and hosted by the De La Salle University-Manila, will be held at the University of the Philippines Visayas-Cebu College , in Cebu City , Philippines on November 20-22, 2008. Following the tradition of previous PACLIC meetings in Hong Kong (2001), Jeju, Korea (2002), Singapore (2003), Tokyo, Japan (2004), Taipei (2005), Wuhan, China (2006), and Seoul, Korea (2007), PACLIC 22 emphasizes the integration of theoretical frameworks with applied fields, cognitive accounts for language processing, and computational modeling of language.
 
71 papers have been submitted on various aspects of theoretical and computational linguistics with topics on: (1) language, (2) information, and (3) computation from various parts of the world ( Brazil , Canada , China , France , Hong Kong , India , Indonesia , Japan , Philippines , South Korea , Taiwan , United Kingdom , and the United States ).  44% were accepted as regular papers (or 31 papers) and another 21% as posters (or 15 papers), or an overall acceptance rate of 65%.  These papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings (Previous PACLIC proceedings are indexed by ISTP/ISI Proceedings).
 
The tentative schedule of activities is provided at the conference website: http://ccs.dlsu.edu.ph/nlp-team/paclic22
 
Important dates of PACLIC 22:
Early Bird Registration: Until September 30, 2008
PACLIC 22 meeting: November 20-22, 2008
 
For further information about PACLIC 22 in general, please visit http://ccs.dlsu.edu.ph/nlp-team/paclic22 or contact the Program Committee Chair, Rachel Edita Roxas, at koc@dlsu.edu.ph or at PACLIC22@dlsu.edu.ph.
 
PACLIC Steering Committee 2008:
Standing Members
Jae-Woong Choe, Korea University , Seoul
Yasunari Harada, Waseda University , Tokyo
Chu-Ren Huang, Academia Sinica, Taipei
Kim Teng Lua, Chinese and Oriental Languages Information Processing Society , Singapore
Maosong Sun, Tsinghua University , Beijing
Benjamin T\'sou, City University of Hong Kong , Hong Kong
 
Ex Officio Members
Rachel Edita Roxas, De La Salle University-Manila (PACLIC 22 Program Committee Chair)
Hee-Rahk Chae, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (PACLIC 21 Program Committee Chair)
 
Program Committee:
Rachel Edita Roxas, De La Salle University-Manila [Chair]
Hee-Rahk Chae, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Co-Chair)
Tom Lai, City University of Hong Kong (Co-Chair)
 
PACLIC 22 Local Organizing Committee:
Charibeth Cheng, De La Salle University-Manila [Chair]
Nathalie Rose Lim, De La Salle University-Manila
Robert Roxas, University of the Philippines Visayas-Cebu College
Cherry Lyn Sta. Romana, Cebu Institute of Technology

Techronnati | where technology never sleeps

Announcing: PACLIC 22: Call for Participation
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »

Mountain View

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
110 Views
Last post March 28, 2010, 04:45:32 PM
by JusticeLeague
0 Replies
99 Views
Last post December 03, 2008, 05:58:42 AM
by samurai8
0 Replies
102 Views
Last post December 03, 2008, 05:59:07 AM
by samurai8
0 Replies
97 Views
Last post December 03, 2008, 06:01:07 AM
by samurai8

Posting Disclaimer: Any individual may post a message in this forum and may do so anonymously. Therefore, the sole author is exclusively and entirely responsible for all opinions in that message. They do not represent the official opinions of Techronnati, its administrators or moderators or the Techronnati Management. Techronnati is merely acting as an impartial conduit for constitutionally protected free speech and is not responsible and will not be held liable for the content of such messages. All images and service logos are trademarks of their respective owners.